Good Friday is not about us trying to “get right with God.” It is about us entering the difference between God and humanity and just touching it for a moment. Touching the shimmering sadness of humanity’s insistence that we can be our own gods, that we can be pure and all-powerful.
~Nadia Bolz-Weber, “Accidental Saints: Finding God in All the Wrong People”Advertisements
- Follow Bobbi's Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- "I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all." -- Coco Chanel
- "Thank you"
- Respond to every call
- If your knowledge of fire
- "I" before "e" except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour.
- There are times when the world is rearranging itself
- It's God's Job to Judge the Terrorists...
- New Definitions: Arbitrator: A cook that leaves Arby's to work at McDonald's
- "I may seem quiet and reserved, but if you mess with my children...
- Welcome to Hell
- 1,165,259 hits