Good Friday is not about us trying to “get right with God.” It is about us entering the difference between God and humanity and just touching it for a moment. Touching the shimmering sadness of humanity’s insistence that we can be our own gods, that we can be pure and all-powerful.
~Nadia Bolz-Weber, “Accidental Saints: Finding God in All the Wrong People”Advertisements
- Follow Bobbi's Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Why stop dreaming
- To imagine
- Dalai Lama: There are only two days a year when we can do nothing. One is called yesterday, and the other tomorrow.
- A little musical inspiration
- I am starting to think
- Trust yourself
- Most of the problems in life
- The 22-foot, 2500-pound human-eating crocodile -- yikes!!!
- "I may seem quiet and reserved, but if you mess with my children...
- Web of life
- 1,175,234 hits