Good Friday is not about us trying to “get right with God.” It is about us entering the difference between God and humanity and just touching it for a moment. Touching the shimmering sadness of humanity’s insistence that we can be our own gods, that we can be pure and all-powerful.
~Nadia Bolz-Weber, “Accidental Saints: Finding God in All the Wrong People”Advertisements
- Follow Bobbi's Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Dear Santa, This year, please give me a big fat bank account and a slim body.
- What you resist
- A little satire from Haruki Murakami
- Taking a second before reacting can bring peace
- Don't break a bird's wings
- Religion is like a penis
- I had a choice
- The 22-foot, 2500-pound human-eating crocodile -- yikes!!!
- Don't push your weaknesses
- Harrison playing solo
- 1,189,160 hits