You’re not the first to think this is a prime spot for a party. As the story goes, in January of 1917, Marcel Duchamp, John Sloan, Gertrude Drick, and several others in the Village scene made their way to the top, spread out a blanket, flew Chinese lanterns and balloons, drank tea, and declared Washington Square to be a free and independent republic. The group became known as “The Arch Conspirators.” Photos: An Extremely Rare Tour Inside & Atop The Washington Arch
- Follow Bobbi's Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- When told the reason for daylight saving time the Old Indian said ...
- The real reason evolution started
- "I may seem quiet and reserved, but if you mess with my children...
- When silence is a choice
- Who Was Saint Patrick?
- Early spring flowers!!!
- You don't choose your passions
- Chris Hedges: "We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health ...
- Speak your mind
- Happy Easter!
- 1,207,266 hits