The way we construct consciousness is to tell the story of ourselves to ourselves, the story of who we believe we are. I feel that a really public shaming or humiliation is a conflict between the person trying to write his own narrative and society trying to write a different narrative for the person. One tries to overwrite the other. And so to survive you have to own your story. ~Mike Daisey
- Follow Bobbi's Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Here is my secret
- So many selfies
- Welcome to Hell
- Well played
- When told the reason for daylight saving time the Old Indian said ...
- If you can't convince them
- Maya Angelou: We delight in the beauty of the butterfly...
- People were created to be loved
- Your sacred space
- Orange lilies in my garden! --Happy Summer Solstice!
- 1,165,118 hits