The way we construct consciousness is to tell the story of ourselves to ourselves, the story of who we believe we are. I feel that a really public shaming or humiliation is a conflict between the person trying to write his own narrative and society trying to write a different narrative for the person. One tries to overwrite the other. And so to survive you have to own your story. ~Mike Daisey
- Follow Bobbi's Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- "I" before "e" except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour.
- I expect to pass through this world but once
- The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you
- Ready or not
- Venn Diagram: The Intersection of What You Love, What You're Good At, and What Pays Well
- "The mind that perceives the limitation is the limitation."--Buddha
- When told the reason for daylight saving time the Old Indian said ...
- It's God's Job to Judge the Terrorists...
- An intellectual says a simple thing
- “The sky is held up by the trees. If the forest disappears, the sky-roof of the world collapses. Nature and man then perish together."
- 1,171,309 hits