The way we construct consciousness is to tell the story of ourselves to ourselves, the story of who we believe we are. I feel that a really public shaming or humiliation is a conflict between the person trying to write his own narrative and society trying to write a different narrative for the person. One tries to overwrite the other. And so to survive you have to own your story. ~Mike Daisey
- Follow Bobbi's Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- The 22-foot, 2500-pound human-eating crocodile -- yikes!!!
- Breathtaking View of the Milky Way from the Surface of Mars
- Black Friday: Don't you think it's ironic that Americans spend the most money on new things ...
- Be thankful for what you have
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Dorothy: I miss Kansas / Toto: I miss the rains down in Africa
- New Species Discovered: "Homo slackass-erectus"
- When told the reason for daylight saving time the Old Indian said ...
- There is no enlightenment
- 1,186,032 hits