The way we construct consciousness is to tell the story of ourselves to ourselves, the story of who we believe we are. I feel that a really public shaming or humiliation is a conflict between the person trying to write his own narrative and society trying to write a different narrative for the person. One tries to overwrite the other. And so to survive you have to own your story. ~Mike Daisey
- Follow Bobbi's Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Happy Easter!
- When told the reason for daylight saving time the Old Indian said ...
- Julian Assange vs Mark Zuckerberg
- Happiness is not a horse
- "I may seem quiet and reserved, but if you mess with my children...
- I aspire
- My current situation
- Mentally ill vs. terrorist
- Dorothy: I miss Kansas / Toto: I miss the rains down in Africa
- Frank Zappa: The biggest threat to America today is not communism
- 1,208,464 hits