Of course the thing that staggers you when you first come to France is the fact that all the French speak French–even the children. Many Americans and Britishers who visit the country never quite adjust to this, and the idea persists that the natives speak the language just to show off or be difficult. ~Olivia de Havilland in “Every Frenchman Has One”
- Follow Bobbi's Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Many people love the idea of you
- All the lives we could live
- Give me your tired
- Chris Hedges: "We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health ...
- The 22-foot, 2500-pound human-eating crocodile -- yikes!!!
- "I" before "e" except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour.
- Earth is not a platform for human life
- I have no remedy for fear
- Faith is taking the first step, even when you can't see the whole staircase.
- "I may seem quiet and reserved, but if you mess with my children...
- 1,193,727 hits