Of course the thing that staggers you when you first come to France is the fact that all the French speak French–even the children. Many Americans and Britishers who visit the country never quite adjust to this, and the idea persists that the natives speak the language just to show off or be difficult. ~Olivia de Havilland in “Every Frenchman Has One”
- Follow Bobbi's Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- National Poetry Month: Langston Hughes
- The unclouded eye — RK Matthews
- "I may seem quiet and reserved, but if you mess with my children...
- Yesterday is gone
- April 25, 1953: Watson and Crick describe DNA's double helix
- The secret of change
- National Poetry Month: Alexander Pope
- Silence is the most powerful scream @BBhuttozardari
- Chris Hedges: "We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health ...
- 1,214,633 hits