This deepest form of prayer is really just the willingness to be still and let the longing in your heart go out without defining or understanding where it is going.”
—An excerpt from a Dharma talk given by Kinrei Bassis, “The Buddha Calling the Buddha,” Learning to listen, PARABOLA, Volume 31, No. 2, “Absence and Longing,” 2006.
- Follow Bobbi's Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- The teacher who is indeed wise
- See, the night doth enfold us!
- If you want to overcome the whole world
- Average number of languages spoken by citizens of a few countries
- A little satire from Haruki Murakami
- We are born at a given moment
- When told the reason for daylight saving time the Old Indian said ...
- Le Corbusier: I prefer drawing to talking. Drawing is faster and leaves less room for lies.
- There is pleasure in the pathless woods
- Religion is like a penis
- 1,354,708 hits