Once upon a time my Grandma Longenecker and Aunt Ruthie welcomed strangers into their home. They hosted Phuong Le from Viet Nam, their first refugee “daughter.” After Grandma died my aunt carried on the tradition opening her door to refugees fleeing oppression. Vietnamese, African, Serbian families found food and shelter in her home.…
- Follow Bobbi's Blog on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- Dear Santa, This year, please give me a big fat bank account and a slim body.
- When you innovate
- What you resist
- I had a choice
- Taking a second before reacting can bring peace
- Don't break a bird's wings
- The 22-foot, 2500-pound human-eating crocodile -- yikes!!!
- ...this relentless struggle with the unforeseen
- Religion is like a penis
- A little satire from Haruki Murakami
- 1,189,296 hits